The search of entertainment is already innate for a person. Most of the time people turn to games, books, and movies and may more to be entertained. With the help of the internet one can have a pool of choices for entertainment. Nowadays most of the people would prefer to watch movies or series at home rather than going out. It is much more convenient and you can even save more and feel really comfortable. One of the things that Filipinos nowadays enjoy doing is watching K-Dramas or Korean Dramas, but why?
Filipinos seemed not to care about language barrier at all. As expected, Koreans are using their own native language on their films and Filipinos would then rely for English subtitles to be able to understand it. It actually appears tiring yet there are lots of self-confessed K-Drama fans after all. It’s a bit confusing but any Filipino K-Drama fan will give you some of these reasons why they are so hooked with it.
1. Unique Stories – maybe because Filipinos became tired of watching the same stories over and over again and that k-dramas became a really good alternative for it. In all fairness to the Korean Movie Industry, they are quite bold, experimental and they always dare to create something new for their viewers.
2. Few Number of Episodes – K-dramas usually have 16 to 18 episodes per series. This is roughly 3-6 months of airing time regardless of its rating. If you are going to compare it in the Philippines, as long as a particular soap opera is gaining high rating, producers and directors will somehow find ways on how to lengthen the story, like adding new characters having the same purpose of those who have been killed or a new lover etc.
3. Cinematography – Koreans really invest when it comes to production of movies and talents. They have high standards in making a story as ideal as it could be.
4. Plenty of great actors and actresses – the thing about Korean drama couples is that they hardly get paired to each other for another project. The producers and directors would always prefer to match new talents with one another. This strategy is quite effective though because it thrills the fans. It allows the actors to prove their individual charisma and talents instead of mainly relying on love teams to gain fandom.
5. The Korean Beauty – the difference when it comes to physical appearance have a great impact when it comes to movies. Although Koreans and Filipinos belong to Asia, the difference in terms of beauty is what makes Filipinos fond of Koreans. Koreans have a soft kind of beauty, a beauty that’s too welcoming and endearing to watch.